Trillian IM status

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Starting the road back..

OK.. so long time no post. February 19th, 2011 I slipped in an icy parking lot. Twice.. once going into a building, and once coming out. Unfortunately, on the fall going out.. I was carrying stuff and I wasn't smart enough to through that stuff to free my hands to break my fall.

So my ankle broke my fall.. and my left fibula broke. Surgery happened on February 23rd and recovery has happened ever since.

Tuesday, May 30th my x-rays finally show the break as completely healed and so today, I got on a treadmill.

40 Minutes, 10 seconds got me 2 miles of walking.

I maxed out at a pace of 3.5 miles an hour and 8 percent incline. That took me to 155 beats per minute and the treadmill's heart monitor blinking at me in alarm. So I took my speed back down to 3 miles an hour and that took me back down to the 140s.

Not as terrible start as I feared, but also pretty much a starting point.

No comments: