Trillian IM status

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Odd workout..

Saturdays, being my only cardiovascular workout day that doesn't have a rest day in front of it are usually paced a little slower. So my calisthenics are one group at a time, rest, then another group. Until it's time for the cardiovascular then I gotta hit it all at once.

So first, my Polar Heart monitor watch which threw me for a bit of a loop by bringing the bottom end of my target zone up to 144 a little over a week ago. Now, today it decides to drop down to 127, which is below where it's been in along time. Part of me was tempted to take things easy and go with the flow but then I remembered my own post. About Challenging myself.

As you can see by my average heart rate, I did pretty well at staying at the challenging level. It's more difficult because there's less indication that I'm slowing down.

I thought about changing the watch target zone from automatic to manual to move it back up, but that's not in the spirit of how I want to be using it. I'm the techweenie, I use technology to help me achieve things and I am going to let this piece of technology do it's thing.

And I think I'm also going to hit Target in the next couple weeks and pick up some hand weights. Maybe something like these so I can keep it challenging. I've tried my heaviest juggling balls, but their 4.4 pound weight along with their size make them too much of a challenge right now. But eventually I will need more weight than 2 pounds per hand which I'm using right now.

No comments: