Trillian IM status

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Workout schedule..

I already covered my daily calisthenics in my previous post.. so every single day I get Bend & Bounces, Push Ups, Sit ups, and Raises, running in place and Jumping Jacks..

I am adding a little bit to those because I like customizing things..

For push ups, I got myself push up bars, so I'm raised a little further off the floor and I get a better range of motion. Upper body strength is a major weak point for me. As a kid I certainly rode my bike hither and yon, I ran around a lot and even through college I ran a bit and I danced at least once or twice a week. But nothing for upper body development. Well, juggling, but until I started actually buying heavier juggling balls, that wouldn't qualify as much of a workout. Push ups are definitely my major nemesis when it comes to working out.

For sit ups, I have a stability ball, and I use a couple of my heaviest juggling balls (2 kg each), so I have 4 kg (8.8 lbs) in my hands as I lay back on the stability ball and do my sit ups. As with my push ups that gives me a greater range of motion. I can definitely feel it.

I also do a cardio workout 4 days a week. I'd been doing 30 minutes of cardio 3 days a week before i started the daily calisthenics, so it felt like I would be cheating if I counted my running in place/jumping jack time, since that was part of my calisthenics time in my 30 minutes. Using my Polar heart rate monitor, I just decided my running in place was about 10 minutes so I needed my cardio days to be 40 minutes including that.

As my customization of my cardio.. I got myself a chin up bar. Every 10 minutes of cardio means i take a break and do 6 chin ups. That many always pushes me over my cardio target range, but it comes back down pretty quick.

I've tended to do one post a week with the statistics my watch gathers.. then I edit that post each workout and add to it. Hopefully if/when I end up with a reader or two, that'll be easier for them to see what I'm doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.