Trillian IM status

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Which way to indulge myself.

Well, I've indulged my workouts in two way this week. One, I got myself a hula hoop. You go ahead and laugh, but I was watching one of the VH1 "100 best toys" or some such thing and one of the featured toys was the hula hoop. You're not moving far, it looks like it could burn a fair amount of calories and it's just absurd enough to be fun.

So far.. I've knocked things off two different tables and this morning, worked my way up to a count of 40 before I end up with the hoop around my ankles, which certainly beats last night when I couldn't get it to stay at hip level or above. I was actualy looking for Heavy Hands at Target (because I had found them online at Target.com, and didn't notice the text saying "available online, but not in stores) and I'd been thinking about getting a hula hoop anyway.

Second, I ordered some heavy hands from Amazon because they seem like a good and adaptable way to keep challenging myself during my cardiovascular workout. You can change the weights on them to be up to 10 pounds that I can find, and thus ought to keep being challenging, yet remain about the same size for me to hold on to. (As opposed to my 2 kilogram juggling balls which are a bit large to hold onto with sweaty hands.

Now I'm trying to decide between two indulgences. Behind Door number1, we have, crossing the weight barrier of 190 lbs. I'm really close and if I push, i think i can get there by end of this week, or middle of next week at latest. It would likely be my lowest weight in a decade. Behind Door number 2, we have a lunch or dinner out at a restaurant I have had a taste for. (Not going into detail because I don't need to trigger anyone else, let me just summarize by saying meal parts = 684 calories, 396 from fat + 584 calories, 270 from fat + 320 calories, all carbs. )

I think at this point I'm going for the weight goal, because I had not looked up the calories before this moment. I can certainly let myself indulge in things like that infrequently, I'm not interested in denial or abstinence from food or anything else, but I am certainly all about "all things in moderation." And that includes high fat fast foods. Something that artery clogging definitely qualifies as a very infrequent indulgence.

No comments: